When and How Do We Collect Your Personal Data and What Are Our Legal Reasons?
Platform Uluslararası Fuarcılık A.S. collects your personal data electronically, orally or in writing by means of the website, exhibition catalogues, invitations, call centre and other communication channels. We collect your personal data when you do the following through our website:
- When you order a product or a service from us;
- When you make an online stand reservation through our website;
- When you request for an online visitor invitation through our website;
- When you provide content through our online communities;
- When you apply for a job with us;
- When you register to receive our newsletters; and
- When you contact us for a question or a complaint.
We may collect, process and transfer your personal data (i) in the case of existence of one of the circumstances explicitly stipulated by the laws; (ii) in case this is mandatory to protect your or another person’s physical integrity or life, not validating your consent in legal terms or where we are in a situation that we cannot disclose your consent due to an actual impossibility; (iii) in case it is necessary to process the personal data of the contracting parties, provided that this is directly related to conclusion or fulfilment of a contract between you and us; (iv) in case this is mandatory for us in order to fulfil our legal obligations in our capacity as data controller; (v) in case your personal data are made public; (vi) in case data processing is mandatory for establishment, exercise or protection of a right; (vii) in case data processing is mandatory and necessary for our legitimate interests, provided that this does not damage the fundamental rights and freedoms of the person concerned and (viii) based on explicit consent.
Besides, we also collect certain data about the visitors of our website, as specified in the below paragraph entitled ‘Cookies’.
What Personal Data Do We Collect from You?
The personal data we may collect from you are as follows:
Processing and Processing Purposes of Your Personal Data
- Postal address;
- Phone number (land line, mobile or fax);
- E-mail address
We process your personal data in line with the following purposes:
Transfer of Your Personal Data
- To ensure that you use any services we may from time to time provide through the website;
- To accomplish your stand reservation, your registration for an exhibition as a visitor and your other transactions or your subscription, and to correspond with you accordingly;
- In accordance with your communications preferences if you grant consent, to advertise you the exhibitions which will be organized, to conduct campaigns and marketing activities in relation to the exhibitions which have been/will be organized by us, to ensure that you are informed about the exhibitions to be organized newly and to share brochures and invitations with you, which may be of interest to you;
- To track activity on our website to carry out market researches, in order that we can improve the usefulness and content of our website;
- To prevent you from sharing or posting offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on our website (This involves informing relevant third parties, including your employer, e-mail/Internet provider and law enforcement agencies, about your behaviour and the content you provide); and
- For administration of the website (including enabling us to reply to any comments on the website or feedback you may give us).
We may transfer your personal data to ITE Group Plc. of which we are Turkish enterprise and to subsidiaries of ITE Group Plc., and to our third-party business partners, advertising agencies and media agencies, to social media operators and/or our suppliers provided that this is limited to the purposes specified within this text, or to public institutions and organizations in case there is such a legal obligation.
When you visit our website, we may store information on the hard drive of your computer or on your mobile device in the form of a ‘cookie’ (a small text file
). Cookies are frequently used by website owners in order to ensure that their websites operate or to operate more efficiently, as well as to provide reporting information.
“Cookies” (also known as HTTP cookies, web cookies or browser cookies
Are cookies harmful?
|Types of cookies
||What do they do?
(This website’s primary domain)
ASP.NET_SessionID (expires end of session)
It is used to track important logical information for the smooth operation of the website.
CMSCurrentTheme (expires after 1 day)
It stores the name of the current visual theme in order to provide a proper design to the dialog windows.
CMSPreferredCulture (expires after 1 year)
It stores the visitor’s preferred content culture/language information.
Performance and functionality cookies
These cookies are used in order to enhance the performance and functionality of our website but they are not essential for use of the website. However, certain functionalities (such as videos) may become unavailable without these cookies.
||__cfduid (expires after 6 years)
We route our DNS through CloudFlare in order to protect our website from security threats such as hackers and to boost its performance. The "__cfduid" cookie is set by the CloudFlare service.
Analytics and customization cookies
These cookies collect the data which are used either in aggregate form in order to understand how effective marketing campaigns are, or the data which help us customize the website for you.
|| Google Analytics:
__utma (expires after 2 years)
This cookie keeps track of the number of times a visitor visited the website, when his/her first visit was, and when his/her last visit took place.
__utmb (expires after 30 minutes)
This cookie helps calculate how long a visitor’s visit takes by collecting a timestamp of the exact moment in time when he/she enters the website.
__utmc (expires at the end of each session)
This cookie helps calculate how long a visitor’s visit takes by collecting a timestamp of the exact moment in time when he/she leaves the website. It stays for 30 minutes for another pageview to happen, and in case this does not happen, it expires.
__utmz (expires at the end of each session)
This cookie stores the data of where the visitor came from, what search engine was used, what link was clicked on, what keywords were used, and where in the world the website was accessed from.
__ga (expires after 2 years)
This cookie is used in order to distinguish users.
NREUM (Deleted when the browser closes)
This cookie is only created in browsers not supporting the Navigation Timing API. If a browser supports the Navigation Timing API, a native interface can be used in order to determine the navigation start time.
NRAGENT (Deleted when the browser closes)
This cookie is created only when a token is handed out to an end user by the New Relic server.
JSESSIONID (Deleted when the browser closes)
The JSESSIONID cookie is used in order to store a session identifier; and by this means, New Relic can monitor session counts for an application. The cookie value is generated by Jetty.
Social networking cookies
These cookies are used in order to ensure that you share pages and contents which you find interesting, on our website through third party social networking websites.
|| ADD THIS:
_uid (expires after 2 years)
Uniquely assigned machine-generated user ID.
_di/dt (expires after 1 day)
Maintenance cookies that help manage expiration processes of other cookies.
_uvc (expires after 2 years)
It measures how often we will see an AddThis user message.
_psc (expires after 90 days)
These cookies are used in order to record user sharing and social activity data.
_loc (expires after 90 days)
Geolocation, used in order to help publishers know approximately where people sharing information are located (in State level).
Nevertheless, if you do wish to disable or remove cookies, please see the ‘Help’ section of your browser or mobile device. Each browser or device manages cookies differently; therefore, you should review the relevant ‘Help’ document.
You have the right to accept or reject cookies. You may set or modify your web browser controls in order to accept or reject cookies. If you reject cookies, you may still use our website; however, you may have a restricted access to certain functionalities and areas of our website.
If you wish to receive further information about cookies and your rights to control their uses, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org or http://www.youronlinechoices.com
An IP address is a number which is assigned to your computer by your Internet service provider in order to provide access to the Internet. We may use your IP address in order to obtain aggregate information about uses.
Your Rights About Your Personal Data
Within the scope of the legislation on the protection of personal data, you have the following rights:
- To learn whether or not your personal data have been processed;
- To request for relevant information, if your personal data have been processed;
- To learn the purpose of the processing of your personal data and whether or not these data are used in compliance with the purpose;
- To know the third parties, in the country or abroad, to whom your personal data have been transferred;
- To request for correction if your personal data have been processed incompletely or inaccurately;
- To request for deletion or destruction of your personal data in compliance with the conditions stipulated by the Personal Data Protection Law No. 6698;
- To request that the operation performed in this context namely the correction of your personal data processed inaccurately or incompletely and the deletion or destruction of your personal data, be informed and notified to the third parties to whom your personal data have been transferred;
- Object to occurrence of any result that is to your detriment by means of analysis of the processed personal data exclusively through automated systems; and
- Claim compensation of your damages, in case you suffer damages due to the unlawfully processing of your personal data.
In relation to the exercise of the aforementioned rights, you may apply to the registered e-mail address [firstname.lastname@example.org] by electronic mail or in writing to the address [19 Mayıs Cad. No.3 Golden Plaza Kat:7 Şişli 34360 İstanbul / Turkey]. In case your application requires an extra cost, such fee may be collected as determined in the relevant tariff by the Board of Protection of Personal Data.
How to contact us